22 year old Woman harassed, hit with an ashtray, punched in the face by a man in the streets of Paris holding a trash bag (Video) - Daily Herrington Post

Breaking

Monday, July 30, 2018

22 year old Woman harassed, hit with an ashtray, punched in the face by a man in the streets of Paris holding a trash bag (Video)

 22-year-old Woman harassed, hit with an ashtray, punched in the face by a man in the streets of Paris holding a trash bag (Video)
Screen grab from bar in Paris' 19th arrondissement where Marie Laguerre, 22, was hit by a man she told to shut up for harassing her in the street - Credit: Telegraph



She Wrote:" Last night, as I was coming back home in Paris, I walked past a man who sexually/verbally harrassed me.
He wasn't the first one and I can't accept being humiliated like that, so I replied "shut up". He then threw an ashtray at me, before rushing back to punch me, in the middle of the street, in front of dozens of people.
This is an unacceptable behaviour. It happens everyday, everywhere and I don't know a single woman who doesn't have a similar story.
I am sick of feeling unsafe waking in the street.
Things need to change, and they need to change now."

The 22-year old student was walking home in Paris’ 19th arrondissement last week when she was accosted by a young man at the terrace of a bar in broad daylight.

Marlène Schiappa, France’s gender equality minister, called the assault an attack on the "freedom of women" as she backed plans to introduce on the spot fines for harassment including wolf-whistling.

Describing her deal on social media, Ms Laguerre wrote in English: “I walked past a man who sexually/verbally harassed me."

“He wasn't the first one and I can't accept being humiliated like that, so I replied ‘shut up’,” she wrote.

“He then threw an ashtray at me, before rushing back to punch me, in the middle of the street, in front of dozens of people.”

She later told Le Parisien that he had insulted her repeatedly, wagged his tongue and made sexually suggestive "groans".



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages